Long-Term, Western Hunting Partner

durandja11

Hello all! I am new the forum and looking to find a long term, western hunting partner. I’ve been able to convince the wife to allow me to go out West every other year along as it’s not a solo hunt. I am 34 yrs old from western WI. I have 2 kids ages 5 and 2. I grew up hunting whitetails and black bears but went out west for the first time on a 10 day backpacking, WY archery elk hunt in 18’ and fell in love with the mountains. I prefer backpacking, archery type hunts, but always looking for an excuse to get back to the mountains. I’ve been dabbling in the pts system and have couple pts for Elk/Muley/Lope in CO, WY, and SD, but open for just about anywhere however I’ll never hold out for any glory tags as I just want to be in the woods hunting as much as possible. My main passion would be Elk but would like to get one of each on my wall at some point in my life. Ideally, I would hunt either Elk/Muley every other year with a shorter antelope hunt mixed in on “off” years. Any animal with a bow is a trophy in my eyes, but ultimately it’s all about the journey and the people you spend it with. I dream about the day to take my boy/girl out west with me once they are old enough. I am an Engineer by trade and like to plan, research, and budget thoroughly. I state that as certain people will love or hate it, so take it for what it’s worth. I joined the forum to hopefully connect with some likeminded people and see where things go.

I’d be very interested in annual/semiannual trips to bow hunt elk or deer. I love bow hunting, even if I don’t fill a tag. I live in northeast MN, Grand Marais. Where are you located in WI?

I am in SE Wisconsin, two of us are planning MT archery. Partners son dropped out if you are interested to talk pm me. Don't know if you can get a tag as we bought a point last year. We are also doing points for WY and hunted CO the last three years and I have hunted MT 2 years.

Hello all! I am new the forum and looking to find a long term, western hunting partner. I’ve been able to convince the wife to allow me to go out West every other year along as it’s not a solo hunt. I am 34 yrs old from western WI. I have 2 kids ages 5 and 2. I grew up hunting whitetails and black bears but went out west for the first time on a 10 day backpacking, WY archery elk hunt in 18’ and fell in love with the mountains. I prefer backpacking, archery type hunts, but always looking for an excuse to get back to the mountains. I’ve been dabbling in the pts system and have couple pts for Elk/Muley/Lope in CO, WY, and SD, but open for just about anywhere however I’ll never hold out for any glory tags as I just want to be in the woods hunting as much as possible. My main passion would be Elk but would like to get one of each on my wall at some point in my life. Ideally, I would hunt either Elk/Muley every other year with a shorter antelope hunt mixed in on “off” years. Any animal with a bow is a trophy in my eyes, but ultimately it’s all about the journey and the people you spend it with. I dream about the day to take my boy/girl out west with me once they are old enough. I am an Engineer by trade and like to plan, research, and budget thoroughly. I state that as certain people will love or hate it, so take it for what it’s worth. I joined the forum to hopefully connect with some likeminded people and see where things go.
If your still looking for a potential hunting partner. You can PM me. Have a great day. -Mike

How’s it going, I am a idaho resident and looking for a hunting partner for archery elk. Idaho doesn’t require point for out of state over the counter tags if your interested.

1, the criteria to never go solo is absurd and based on irrational fears unmitogated by the reality of how safely you can in fact hunt solo. That is a shame but common. Get an inreach and text back and forth daily and also have that emergency search and rescue alert button feature it provides.

2, Hope you find a great partner, yes the mtns are addicting.

I'm a TN resident and have similar interests. Much easier for me to schedule/plan/budget for a 10 day backpack-type hunt out west than trying to get in the woods here at home every weekend during the season. Feel free to PM me if interested.

How’s it going, I am a idaho resident and looking for a hunting partner for archery elk. Idaho doesn’t require point for out of state over the counter tags if your interested.
Are you hunting Idaho archery elk again this year?

I genuinely don't have much to offer except enthusiasm (yet). But I am looking for something similar. Maybe in a year or two when I have some points/western hunting XP.

I am an experienced archery elk hunter who does everything DIY in the backcountry. I plan on hunting September 13th - September 18th near Fraser, CO. I will provide most of the equipment and an amazing experience. There is so much land to cover and I have been hunting alone for the past 5 years. This is a super tough hunt at 10,000 ft and requires you to be prepared physically. It would be great to make a new connection. Let's talk. The tag is about $700 for an out of state, over the counter, either sex archery tag. Todd

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back