Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Locating Former Hunting Guide - Northwest("ern"?) Outfitters Alaska

OttoVonBiz

When I graduated high school ten years ago, I went on a two week fishing/hunting trip in Alaska. We went with a guide company that I believe was called Northwest("ern"?) Outfitters. They did salmon/char fishing in the summer and guided moose, bear and caribou during the fall/winter. The fishing guides name was Aaron, the hunting guide was Don (people called him "Hollywood" because he had an acting career in a previous life), and the cook was an older gentlemen named Paul. Anyway, I can't find any trace of this company anywhere, but I really thought the guides were quality. Does anyone have any information about this company or the guides?

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you exactly where we hunted/fished. I know we made a stop at Lake Iliamna and took small 2-3 person planes further out for a couple more hours. It was an incredibly remote camp which I am guessing is common for these types of trips in Alaska.

Welcome aboard! There are several folks from Alaska here, maybe they will know who you mean.

Don “Hollywood” is probably Donald C Martin, and he is the head of the hunting side at Ultima Thule Lodge in the Wrangel, St Elias Preserve.

He is pretty well known and keynoted the WSF life member breakfast at the Sheep Show this year. I think he is also involved with the California Chapter of Wild Sheep Foundation.

Is this the Aaron you are referring to? He has guided in the Bristol Bay region for years (the Nushagak, Mulchatna, Illiamna system, etc.)
Aaron.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back