Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Load/round recommendations for summer practice shooting

We used to do a drill similar to a normal stress shoot like you talk about. We used to do the whole "head touching a bat to the ground and spin" thing, doing like 10-15 circles, then running to the rifle (if you could make it standing up) then firing at the target 200-300 yds out. I don't think I ever hit the target....

And yes we had safeties next to us to make sure there were no errant rounds being fired, lol. I to this day think there was no real training benefit to it, merely for the cadre to have something to laugh at.
Surprised no Darwin Award nominees came out of this :)

You lost me on the head touching the bat drill. I try and stay with basic exercise movements, my weapon is in a rifle rack unloaded until the exercise movement is completed. Once on the firing line I’ll load and start the shooting portion of the drill. The rifle is on safe and the scope lens covers are down. This forces me to remember to flip the lens covers up and take the safety off as I mount the rifle. I’ve learned from experience and during the heat of the moment to forget these two important aspects of shooting. Hopefully I have shared something that might help someone this hunting season. Good luck guys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back