Light functional binos

peterk1234

I currently use a pair of meopta meostar 10x42s. Looking to get another set of binos, but for my wife. More for hiking and looking for opportunities to photograph during the off season. Possible for hunting as well. Thinking 8x32. How does this size compare to 10x42, and what models would you recommend? Thx Pete

P.S. the meoptas I use are wonderful.

If you can afford another set of Meopta's, i'd say get them.

Alas, my budget doesn't afford the high end optics.

I picked up a pair of Vortex Raptors. $120 ish.
Way lighter weight than my neighbors Nikon's of same size. 8X32.
They aren't the best optically, but not bad.
Have been running them hard for 5 years.
And they came with a decent strap.

My wife likes the Nikon Monarch 7 binoculars better than any others (including my Swarovski's). They are light, clear, and priced right.

My wife and I tried out a dozen different brands\models a friend had from high end Swarovski to lower stuff. She preferred a pair of hawks for her eyes.

I got the perfect pair for you. Steiner 2681 M830r LRF 1535nm 8x30mm Floating Prism Green Rubber Armor Makrolon Features Tripod Mount. 7,999.00 shipped. Just kidding, I sent you a PM with a couple other options. The Leupold 172658 BX-4 Pro Guide HD 8x 32mm are nice as well

I wouldn’t get 32s. I’d get her an 8x42. She’ll see better out of the bigger lens with more light.

I’d go buy her Swaros (new or used) or Mavens.

I wouldn’t get 32s. I’d get her an 8x42. She’ll see better out of the bigger lens with more light.

I’d go buy her Swaros (new or used) or Mavens.
That's why you get the 8X when going to a 32mm. The exit pupil calculation is not a ton different than a 10X42 for light gathering. I love my 8X32 for times I am not glassing over a mile distance. Plus if not wanting to wear a harness they are a lot nicer on the neck

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back