Lifetime ban from hunting!

I don’t understand poaching. I hesitate to call hunting a sport because I think it’s more than that. It’s a lot of things combined skill, attitude, mind, etc like sports but the element of challenge separates it imo. Not that sports aren’t challenging, there’s just something different.

Poaching to me is like playing basketball with my 6 yo daughter. Swatting all her shots, dunking on her, then proclaiming how I am one of the best basketball players of all time. It doesn’t make any sense to anyone other than the idiot doing it.

I don’t understand poaching. I hesitate to call hunting a sport because I think it’s more than that. It’s a lot of things combined skill, attitude, mind, etc like sports but the element of challenge separates it imo. Not that sports aren’t challenging, there’s just something different.

Poaching to me is like playing basketball with my 6 yo daughter. Swatting all her shots, dunking on her, then proclaiming how I am one of the best basketball players of all time. It doesn’t make any sense to anyone other than the idiot doing it.
It's like the guy who bowhunts all year, doesn't get the buck he wanted so shoots it with a rifle after season. I don't understand that mindset. If your gonna go that route why would you bother bowhunging the whole season. I guess that's not the same but still always drove me nuts.

I think some of them enjoy that aspect of it, and of feeling above the law, with that no one's gonna tell me type attitude

Also a lot of poachers are just plain methheads for whom it becomes a compulsive behavior I guess. But there seems to be a high overlap.

I think some of them enjoy that aspect of it, and of feeling above the law, with that no one's gonna tell me type attitude

Also a lot of poachers are just plain methheads for whom it becomes a compulsive behavior I guess. But there seems to be a high overlap.
A lot of them are guys you'd never expect or that have a rep as being a local legend too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back