Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Lever Monday...post em up

Any suggestions on slings for a lever gun?

I have three Ithaca M49 Single shots in the safe. It was one for each son. The oldest pawned his. (It was factory maple furniture. :rolleyes:)
That took me down to two. Bought the fourth one for Miss T and back to the magic number.

These things are dirt cheap at a gun show. Easier to operate than a Red Ryder BB Gun. All built before serial numbers were required on .22's

Not my image, but you get the idea.

View attachment 274562
That was my first gun at age seven!

Thank you! I'll give them a look.

Got a few in for some work. And a couple of mine. Naturally I forgot to throw the 88 in there.

View attachment 312520

View attachment 312521

Gosh what a cool collection. That would be a bucket list range day to have those and 200 yards of steel to play with for a few hours.

My quiver pales in comparison, but I got re-bitten by the lever bug recently. Stationed near the panhandle of Florida now and got a few whitetail hunts in this year with a little Remlin 336 in .30-30 I picked up for $275 years ago. You hear about them being "hit or miss," but this one shot a few neat little 2" groups with cheap factory stuff last week and handles great. Honestly the perfect rifle for hunting down here- not too much of anything, and plenty to get it done. I know the purists will scoff, but I think it's a nice looking rifle.

1-2.jpeg

20231220_162202.jpeg

Then I got a trade offer a few weeks ago. Marlin 1893 takedown in .30-30, mfr. date 1900. I'm not normally a big antiques kinda guy, but man this thing is too cool. It kind of takes holding it to get the full effect, but it is immediately apparent that they do not make stuff like this anymore. Balances better than any firearm I have ever held. The action still locks up like a bank vault. I'm really considering taking it on a hunt out west this year if I can get confident to ~125 with it.

1-8.jpeg

@oxn939 ,
I love that 93. What an awesome rifle. Looks a lot like mine, except my barrel is round. Take it west and kill an antelope or an elk. You will never have a better story to tell. @Hunting Wife will tell you it is a great experience. It is so different than what you are used to, but it works perfectly.

Work on out to 200 yds with it. You can do that.

Gosh what a cool collection. That would be a bucket list range day to have those and 200 yards of steel to play with for a few hours.

My quiver pales in comparison, but I got re-bitten by the lever bug recently. Stationed near the panhandle of Florida now and got a few whitetail hunts in this year with a little Remlin 336 in .30-30 I picked up for $275 years ago. You hear about them being "hit or miss," but this one shot a few neat little 2" groups with cheap factory stuff last week and handles great. Honestly the perfect rifle for hunting down here- not too much of anything, and plenty to get it done. I know the purists will scoff, but I think it's a nice looking rifle.

View attachment 314248

View attachment 314250

Then I got a trade offer a few weeks ago. Marlin 1893 takedown in .30-30, mfr. date 1900. I'm not normally a big antiques kinda guy, but man this thing is too cool. It kind of takes holding it to get the full effect, but it is immediately apparent that they do not make stuff like this anymore. Balances better than any firearm I have ever held. The action still locks up like a bank vault. I'm really considering taking it on a hunt out west this year if I can get confident to ~125 with it.

View attachment 314252
A couple of great rifles there, I absolutely love the '93s. You should be able to shoot 200yd with it no problem.

@oxn939 ,
I love that 93. What an awesome rifle. Looks a lot like mine, except my barrel is round. Take it west and kill an antelope or an elk. You will never have a better story to tell. @Hunting Wife will tell you it is a great experience. It is so different than what you are used to, but it works perfectly.

Work on out to 200 yds with it. You can do that.

That's the dream. Hopefully burning my elk points in WY this year... I just don't know if I can add "giving up 75% of my MER" to the list of stuff I'll have going against me as a nonresident with only a week to hunt, hah. If the stars really align and I draw a Pronghorn doe tag, I think that'd be a great way to put my stalking skills to the test. Might have to invest in the tang peep setup if that ends up being the case.

Either way, I'm definitely taking it for whitetails next year. Something about it is just too cool to pass up!

That's the dream. Hopefully burning my elk points in WY this year... I just don't know if I can add "giving up 75% of my MER" to the list of stuff I'll have going against me as a nonresident with only a week to hunt, hah. If the stars really align and I draw a Pronghorn doe tag, I think that'd be a great way to put my stalking skills to the test. Might have to invest in the tang peep setup if that ends up being the case.

Either way, I'm definitely taking it for whitetails next year. Something about it is just too cool to pass up!
If you do the tang sight, give me a shout before you throw down Benjamins. Some are better than others and some have advantages that others don't. Not selling anything, but I've rode that horse and it can be a bit tricky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back