Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR Reticle

prhunter

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience using these scopes with the LR SABR reticle. I plan on installing one on my Traditions In-Line Muzzleloader. Thanks in advance.

1577148614935.png 1577148672466.png

I love it on my muzzle loader. The only negative about it is how they chose to set up the magnifying ring. It has 3 numbers, 2 dots, a shotgun shell, then 3 dots. They tried to make it stupid proof so folks don’t actually have to shoot their drops. Just give me numbers from 3 to 9.

Thank you gents. My current load 2-50gr (100gr.) pellets, 250 Barnes Expander MZ. I guess I should have mentioned that on the original post.

Put one on my Traditions for a Utah elk hunt. Two 50gr Pyrodex pellets behind a 290gr Barnes ez zero'd at 100 yds, the bottom of the circle was dead on at 150. Good scope for either the muzzleloaders or 450 Bushmaster which it was originally mated with.

Put one on my Traditions for a Utah elk hunt. Two 50gr Pyrodex pellets behind a 290gr Barnes ez zero'd at 100 yds, the bottom of the circle was dead on at 150. Good scope for either the muzzleloaders or 450 Bushmaster which it was originally mated with.
Cool.... I will be setting up my Traditions Pursuit LT with it soon. I will let you know how it performs.

It’s a great option for a hot rod ML. You might consider the 2-7. Just a suggestion. If I could do it over, I would have gotten the 2-7 SABR.

9x is too close for a 200-250 yard shot IMO. But the drops are still needed. I’d rather have a wider FOV personally.

Thank you gents. My current load 2-50gr (100gr.) pellets, 250 Barnes Expander MZ. I guess I should have mentioned that on the original post.

From a pellet user for the last 20 years. Switch to Black Horn 209. It is life changing in how you will view your muzzleloader. Can’t believe I waited this long to try it.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back