Leupold CDS options

mtmiller

I was looking at the Leupold CDS dial and thought it looked pretty cool. I already have a VX3 and thought I could just send Leupold my ballistic info and they could send me a dial. I guess I was wrong, they need me to ship my scope and wait a few weeks with my fingers crossed it doesn't interrupt my rifle season. I decided this would not be a good idea for me.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a similar device that does not require me to ship my scope.

thanks fellas....

Miller

If you have a good field/ballistic data you can send it to Kenton Industries and they can make a custom turret for you.

Otherwise you can order a standard turret from Kenton with MOA, etc. and punch your field data into a ballistic program.

I have a M1 turret on my VX-3 that I really like, but I ordered it with my scope from their custom shop, so I didn't have to send my scope back in to Leupold.

I would recommend Kenton..they have a very good reputation.

Or you can wait till after hunting season and send it in...usually about a two week turnaround then. And they check the rest of the scope out and reset the recticle to give you maximum travel- for like $60 bucks if I remember right.

MT10Summer126.jpg

I've heard good things about the Kenton one too, but the Leupold one in MOA allows me to change loads and only change the data card taped to the rifle stock, and not the turret cap itself.

Anyone know if Leupold can put a turret on a VX-II?

Sorry for the hijack, Miller, but not that sorry. ;)

You can get the Kenton cap in standard MOA as well. It just depends on if you want to dial yardage, or dial MOA and use a drop chart.

Anyone know if Leupold can put a turret on a VX-II?

Sorry for the hijack, Miller, but not that sorry. ;)

Pretty sure they can but you would probably have to send it in to their custom shop for some internal work in order to retro-fit it for a turret.

You only send it in once. After that they only need your ballistic info to get more caps/turrets. i sent mine in last year after hunting season. Mine was a 2 week turnaround from door to door.

Oak, give the custom shop a quick call but I think they can. I absolutely love the CDS option...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back