antlerradar
Well-known member
Best maul I have ever used.For those splitting by hand, anyone use a monster maul? The red, all steel, triangle shaped head. I grew up with my dad and an uncle using them.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Best maul I have ever used.For those splitting by hand, anyone use a monster maul? The red, all steel, triangle shaped head. I grew up with my dad and an uncle using them.
bladesdirect.net
Grew up splitting maple with the monster maul. Put hair on my nuts.For those splitting by hand, anyone use a monster maul? The red, all steel, triangle shaped head. I grew up with my dad and an uncle using them.
I have one and hate it. Must not be made to split hard stuff like Hickory. Just bounces off!For those splitting by hand, anyone use a monster maul? The red, all steel, triangle shaped head. I grew up with my dad and an uncle using them.
Ya, I kind of feel the same. I’ve transitioned to a traditional maul with hickory handle. And hydraulic splitter.I have one and hate it. Must not be made to split hard stuff like Hickory. Just bounces off!
I use a yellow, 8 lb honker for the wet stuff, even then I end up using a wedge on the wet mapleFor those splitting by hand, anyone use a monster maul? The red, all steel, triangle shaped head. I grew up with my dad and an uncle using them.
Déjà vu. Stack of logs and a 22 ton splitter.After 25 years splitting with traditional mauls and breaking a few handles, the past 25 years of using my 22 ton hydraulic splitter (overhauled once after frozen in river ice dam flood) has made a real difference to my old aching shoulders.
View attachment 415571
I've got that Axe and it works pretty well. I like the lighter weight.@Hem
I found a 4 1/2 lb ax at the local Ace.
fills the range between the maul and 3 lb ax
works pretty well
View attachment 416677
Finished stacking wood on Monday. Wife had first burn of the year this morning. We have just over two years worth in the stack. I’ll figure out the next strategy in 2028. I’m keeping track of how many front porch rows we burn this year. It’ll provide better accuracy after two years in the cordage we burn.Thats a version of what I have.@Hem
I found a 4 1/2 lb ax at the local Ace.
fills the range between the maul and 3 lb ax
works pretty well
View attachment 416677
How many sq ft is your house? I can’t imagine needing that much for 2 winters.View attachment 418221 Finished stacking wood on Monday. Wife had first burn of the year this morning. We have just over two years worth in the stack. I’ll figure out the next strategy in 2028. I’m keeping track of how many front porch rows we burn this year. It’ll provide better accuracy after two years in the cordage we burn.