Let's go scouting...Little Missouri National Grasslands

Lige

Got out for the first time this year to do some scouting. Felt good to scratch the itch.

Home for a couple of nights - set up at a NF campground

Had about an hour and a half before sunset after getting the tent set up, got out for a little glassing

The next morning headed in to a roadless area, the biggest buck I saw on the trip got into the pocket of trees on the right side of picture before I could get the scope on him to take a pic. Had the making of about a 24-25" inside spread main frame.

I was pleasantly surprised at the numbers of antelope I saw. I drew a ND tag last year, so I'm not holding my breath this year...but there is always a chance

Saw these guys on my way out from my morning loop doing what dung beetles do

Saw quite a few of these guys by the end of the trip. Back to camp to for the night to refuel with some Beef Pasta Marinara and a Voodoo Ranger.

Woke up to rain, thunder, and lightning the next day but managed to get a little scouting in before I had to pull up stakes and head back east.

I’ve only driven through there, but always thought that country looked like it should be full of wildlife. Cool part of the world for sure.

I love the badlands, used to make a trip that way every year but havn’t in a little while. The amout of wildlife out there is amazing

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back