Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lets Get This Forum Started!

YoungBuck

Since I am a moderator of this forum I guess I will have to start posting more pics! Its about that time for shed hunting to start anyway! Here are a few pics of a few sheds my dad have found in 2004....Hopefully 2005 will be as productive...if not more!
Here are some of the fresh sheds we found early in the year....found about 25 more than what is in the pic.
sheds_2003_004.jpg

Here is our best day of elk sheds
scan0008.jpg

Guy I call SkyTine.....Shortest tine other than the eyeguard is 15"
b14db4e8.jpg

How I have found a shed on more than one occasion
hidden.jpg

Alot bigger than it looks.....buck would be 36" wide if not wider
Dads_83_plus.jpg

Big 5 point muley
5point90.jpg
Enjoy!
YB

Nice YB.. This is the year (2005) for some good sheds im thinking...with all the growth I have seen on some return animals, I think we are going to be seeing some impressive sheds this year. I have to say the "skyline" shed is extremely impressive...man, a monarch for sure.. thanks for sharing.

Yeah Skytine was a monster at one point and time....I would love to see what the other side was like! At 93"+ for a typical it would be one of the largest if not the largest typical to be recorded in the area I found it....Biggest I have seen (in Idaho's Greatest Mule Deer) scored around 197"...if the other side to Skytine was the same he would smash that I think!....now the fresh shed my dad found that buck will be something to look for if he survived! He is one of those bucks that I dont think anyone has really ever seen....and it gives me goose bumps thinking about the other side!
YB

Alot of fresh ones there . Awesome sheds YB. You going out this year to haul some more in ? Did you ever find any matches to some of those unmatched 4 points ?

later , hunter cameron

Alot of the sheds that I picked up this year were singles.....especially the fresh ones.....the deer in the area seemed to move around quite a bit....I thought it was pretty weird since there wasnt a whole lot of places for them to go on the winter ground. There could have been a lot of people hitting the area during the week...but I was down there every weekend for about 2 1/2 months straight and never seen more than two people...and never really cut any other human tracks.
All the sets I found in the area were side by side though so that was pretty cool. This year should be a really good year though with the growth I have seen.
YB

Nice Pics Youngbuck,

Looks like we should trade units, where I shed hunt I find more elk sheds than deer sheds LOL. Think only found about 40 deer sheds this year, way more elk sheds though. Hes a pic of a few sheds I found while Chasing mulies with my camera this summer, all of these were found on one hillside, I might try to go shed hunting there this spring as there is probably a ton more.

allsheds7_18_04.jpg

Sorry no shed pictures, my place burned about 10 years ago loosing everything; just memories of giving away a pick up bed full of sheds my dad and I had picked up in our cattle pastures before we could start mowing the fields every year. They will ruin a tractor tire! Wayne

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back