Caribou Gear Tarp

Leoupold custom shop

MS 9x56

I contacted Leoupold about sending my Vari X III 1.5x5 by 22mm in to have a German #4 reticle installed and they replied that due to covid issues the custom shop was closed.

They have been closed for almost 2 years now. They are also having a hard enough time keeping up with new builds, so doing a custom on an old product isn't going to be a top priority

This was the first time I have ever contacted them so I was not aware it was closed.

COVID is the universal excuse for businesses to stop offering services that aren't as profitable as other services, or otherwise make business changes that will piss off customers.

I've used the Leupold custom shop several times. Now that its discontinued, it unfortunately does make Leupold less desirable to me.

It's not just Leupold, I drove 234 miles round trip yesterday to a gunsmith for stock bedding...a reputable mom & pop store in a small West Texas town. 8 week lead but I've a feeling he'll have it sooner.

I spoke with a few that were nearer whom did not instill confidence nor seem to give a chit for the business.
They have been closed for almost 2 years now. They are also having a hard enough time keeping up with new builds, so doing a custom on an old product isn't going to be a top priority
Pat, what's the lead time on a dial these days?

Back