Left Handed 300???

Hammsolo

I have a buddy looking for a left handed 300 wm for less than a grand. Any ideas, or rifles sitting in gun cabinet?

If he is fine with SAAMI length ammo, maybe a Tikka T3X stainless Lite or Superlite and add a Limbsaver pad.

I have had a left hand Tikka Superlite in 300 WM in my Sportsman’s Warehouse [cart] more times than I would like to admit and I have just never pulled the trigger. I have a Limbsaver pad, a SWFA scope, and Sportsmatch rings just sitting waiting for me to actually go through with the purchase.

Last edited:
I love my Tikka Veil. He’d really like a brake or at least a threaded barrel. I’ll check out the recommendations.

Does anyone have experience with Ruger Hawkeyes?

I have -1 clues about Franchi. I’ll do some research though.

Damn Southpaw!

I have a 6.5 Hawkeye that is more accurate than the better than average shooter. I just bought another Hawkeye in .300 win mag yesterday. It will be a couple weeks before I get to shoot it..

I'm kind of in the same boat and wanting to buy a Left Hand 300WM. I know it's over $1000 but I think the Christensen Mesa is what I'm leaning towards. I'll probably hold off though until the powder I'd like to shoot becomes more readily available.

I was going to buy a rifle I actually didn't want, because it was available. At the last minute I decided to wait and get what I wanted when it was available. I was literally heading for town when I decided to check GB, and there it was.
If you find what you're looking for, get it. You might not have that chance for a while.

If he wants it threaded he’s SOL, but he can always buy a rifle, then have a smith cut it a bit and thread it.

I have a left handed Tikka 300 win. It shoots well, around 2" at 300 yards with reloads. For under a grand, Tikka and higher grade savage is about it.
I have 2 minor issues with the Tikka.
1- 1 in 11" twist
2- Factory mag limits you to factory length ammo.
I hope he can handle recoil well if he goes Tikka, I'm not recoil sensitive and it kicks hard. I put a brake on mine so I could enjoy shooting it prone.

I have a left handed Tikka 300 win. It shoots well, around 2" at 300 yards with reloads. For under a grand, Tikka and higher grade savage is about it.
I have 2 minor issues with the Tikka.
1- 1 in 11" twist
2- Factory mag limits you to factory length ammo.
I hope he can handle recoil well if he goes Tikka, I'm not recoil sensitive and it kicks hard. I put a brake on mine so I could enjoy shooting it prone.
The new Tikkas in 300 WM are 1 in 10”. They still have the mag length issue which isn’t an issue if you shoot SAAMI length ammo. Also, I am sure a Tikka in 300 WM would kick like a mule due to the relatively light weight.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back