Left Handed 300???

The new Tikkas in 300 WM are 1 in 10”. They still have the mag length issue which isn’t an issue if you shoot SAAMI length ammo. Also, I am sure a Tikka in 300 WM would kick like a mule due to the relatively light weight.
Yeah, it's just really light. I've shot my old man's Remington 300 win and his is a pleasure to shoot in comparison.
That's good to hear they changed the twist rate.

Saw a Tikka 3 LH 300 wm this afternoon in a regional Gun shop $809 if I recall. New. Light as all get out and I'm pretty sure it would kick like the beast.

@Hammsolo i'm a little late to this party. according to the Q&A section of bergara's site the only rifle they make in lefty is the B-14 HMR. i like traditional lines on a hunting rifle but i am open to new things. if you have a chance can you get a report back from your buddy on how he likes it?

i lost sight in my right eye a number of years ago and right-handed bolt guns are basically single shots with extra bullets close at hand. i naturally lean toward lever guns (watched a lot of cowboy movies as a kid and never grew out of it) but i've acquired a few lefty-bolt guns; (1) older ruger m77 hawkey in 30.06, wood stock, blue barrel (2) tikka tx3 lite in 300 winmag, synthetic stock, stainless barrel. bought the ruger used and the tikka new, love both guns and they've performed flawlessly anytime i take them out.

as others have mentioned, finding a factory gun that is available as a lefty AND can be customized/features switched out is hard thing to find. i have a backcountry muley hunt that i'm eyeing for 2024 and i'd love a lefty gun with a three stage safety (or similar) safety, threaded barrel for either a suppressor or a muzzle break, coated barrel/parts, and synthetic stock. the only factory offering that i've found with those features around the $1K price tag is Savage's 110 Timberline.

@Hammsolo i'm a little late to this party. according to the Q&A section of bergara's site the only rifle they make in lefty is the B-14 HMR. i like traditional lines on a hunting rifle but i am open to new things. if you have a chance can you get a report back from your buddy on how he likes it?

i lost sight in my right eye a number of years ago and right-handed bolt guns are basically single shots with extra bullets close at hand. i naturally lean toward lever guns (watched a lot of cowboy movies as a kid and never grew out of it) but i've acquired a few lefty-bolt guns; (1) older ruger m77 hawkey in 30.06, wood stock, blue barrel (2) tikka tx3 lite in 300 winmag, synthetic stock, stainless barrel. bought the ruger used and the tikka new, love both guns and they've performed flawlessly anytime i take them out.

as others have mentioned, finding a factory gun that is available as a lefty AND can be customized/features switched out is hard thing to find. i have a backcountry muley hunt that i'm eyeing for 2024 and i'd love a lefty gun with a three stage safety (or similar) safety, threaded barrel for either a suppressor or a muzzle break, coated barrel/parts, and synthetic stock. the only factory offering that i've found with those features around the $1K price tag is Savage's 110 Timberline.
Lefty savage or a big horn origin and barrel it for the caliber of choice.

The new Tikkas in 300 WM are 1 in 10”. They still have the mag length issue which isn’t an issue if you shoot SAAMI length ammo. Also, I am sure a Tikka in 300 WM would kick like a mule due to the relatively light weight.
I have the superlite in 7mmRM. kicks a bit but not to bad. I'm not sure I'd want the kick of the 300.

He seems to like it so far. I will see it this weekend. I’ll give you an update.

I'm kind of in the same boat and wanting to buy a Left Hand 300WM. I know it's over $1000 but I think the Christensen Mesa is what I'm leaning towards. I'll probably hold off though until the powder I'd like to shoot becomes more readily available.
What powder you looking for?

I'm just starting the load development for my new to me .300 . I'm starting off with 71gr. IMR 4831 and Barnes 168 TTSX. I've loaded up to 73gr. .5 gr steps. My shoulder has been giving me trouble so may wait another day or 2 for results.

#1 on my list is RL23. I use it in my 280AI so it'll serve a dual purpose. I've been out of RL23 for about 2 years now but still have about 75 rounds loaded up so will get me through this year. Next up would be H1000.

I load for 2 different 300WM. A buddy's Christensen Ridgeline and with RL22 with 165 grain accubonds at 3250 fps. Then my brother has a 40 year old ruger M77 that is limited with the magazine length. I load that up with IMR4350, 180 grain partition PPT.

#1 on my list is RL23. I use it in my 280AI so it'll serve a dual purpose. I've been out of RL23 for about 2 years now but still have about 75 rounds loaded up so will get me through this year. Next up would be H1000.
I’ve seen both of these in the last couple of weeks at Powder Valley. They go quick though.

Yep mine is a 1 in 10"
I'm shooting 180grn hammers with 7828 due to the fact that everyone around here has gobs of it. With that powder I'm running out of case capacity with my reloads so length hasn't been an issue. That said it's real close so I can see it being a thing.

I definitely keep the brake on at the range, but I don't notice the recoil in the field. YMMV

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back