PEAX Equipment

Late to the Party -- Any suggestions?

Habbernator

Morning All-

The company I work for just announced they are changing the vacation policy so this has allowed me to have some extra vacation this year. Being its after draw time for most states, does anyone have a good idea of Semi DIY or DIY hunts that are relatively cheap that I could go on this fall. I live in MN now but am willing to travel and think this is a good time to get some of the hunts in while I have time. Have always thought of Sitka deer, Moose, Caribou, and even some of the sheep. Thinking more big game but open to any suggestions.

Thanks for any suggestions and I cant wait to get back out in the field

Aaron

There are a lot of states still coming up...

Colorado
Nevada
Idaho
AZ (Deer)
New Mexico

There should be OTC and left-over tags in several states as well.

Good luck and have fun

Nothing wrong with Muzzy or Rifle hunting, I was asking the archery question because it can provide some additional options to you. Since moose and caribou are on the short list, you should seriously consider Alaska. Not that Alaska trips are cheap by any means, but you can go DIY (non-guided). You might need an air taxi or transporter (raft rental too if a float trip), but it's an experience that you'll never forget!

Only WY elk & AZ elk & lope is past deadline so 95% of draws are still coming.

Colorado muzzleloader application period is still open.It is always a fun hunt.

There are a lot of states still coming up...

Colorado
Nevada
Idaho
AZ (Deer)
New Mexico

There should be OTC and left-over tags in several states as well.

Good luck and have fun

^^This^^ (plus Montana and Utah)

Most of the draw deadlines are yet to come. And OTC (or basically OTC) tags in CO, ID, MT.

The species you mention - as noted by muledeerjunkie - are Alaska critters, though (and Canada). A DIY moose or caribou hunt in AK can be had for a relatively reasonable price, but the best DIY outfitters/air taxis often book up quickly with repeat customers.

Plenty of time, though...

Back