Late season

Nut

Well the 4 day primitive hunt ended yesterday. I got out the 1st 2 days by myself and took 1 shot. I hit it dead center....the tree limb that is :D The 6 does did not seem to like it though as they tore off. :rolleyes:

I passed on another because the 2 young ones were together and it did not seem right to shoot them. :confused:

Yesterday morning I had a chance at a spike whose tines were at least 9 inches high. It was pretty cool to watch him run. I spooked him again about 30 minutes later and it was funny as he went by the cows. They looked up slowly and then put their heads right back down.

We went to another parcel of land and the 3 of us (My friend Ted and my oldest son) went different ways to push a thick area to see what would happen. I heard a shot about 20 minutes into the walk from Ted's direction and then about 10 minutes later I had a deer jump up and barrel between my son ridge and me eventually right across in front of me. No shot chance for me.

Then we start hearing a whistle....it was Ted needing our help with the deer he got. When we got there he was as happy as I ever saw him. He said he walked down the logging road and there ended up having 6 deer coming toward him from our direction. They moved slowly in front of at about 50 yards and he took a shot at the closest one. The stood there while the one he shot went about 20 yards and then went down. They finally took off when he started walking toward them. It was a button buck.

Then was his first ever muzzleloader kill and the first time in about 10 years with iron sights. I am happy for him since he was needing some venison.

He would not be in a pic with it because although proud to have his first ML kill he only will be in pics with big ones.

Here is the only pic I got since I had to go home and get batteries for the camera anyways.

tedsbb2005.jpg

Nut said:
I hit it dead center....the tree limb that is :D

Nut I gotta call you on the dead center shot. I've tried to pull shots off like that many times and could only manage edge nicks and deflections. :D Sounds like fun was had by all and thats what its all about.
Best of the NewYear
Bruce

I take it you had a brown Xmas? Sounds like you guys had fun anyway. Any day out with a kid is a good day hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back