Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Late season Wyoming Muleys.

GoWyo!

Well my son wanted to hunt mule deer this fall instead of Whitetail, so I put us in for area 128 by Dubois, party application, so of course we both drew. Ignorance is bliss as it turns out this is a choice late season tag. I've got friends in town, so we have a place to anchor the fifth wheel. I think we will buy OTC general elk tags and look for the wily wapiti, while scouting before the Nov. 1 opener.

It's been 30 plus years since I've hunted muleys.

Wish us luck!

Gary

Well my son wanted to hunt mule deer this fall instead of Whitetail, so I put us in for area 128 by Dubois, party application, so of course we both drew. Ignorance is bliss as it turns out this is a choice late season tag. I've got friends in town, so we have a place to anchor the fifth wheel. I think we will buy OTC general elk tags and look for the wily wapiti, while scouting before the Nov. 1 opener.

Wish us luck!

Gary
What in the world have you been doing for 30 years that kept you from hunting Muleys?

Eating Whitetail...and Elk, applying for Sheep (finally drew and got one in '19). Applying for moose...just not a fan of mule deer as table fare. The last one I killed in '92 was that rank, he was laying down, sick and wounded from a fight.
Great ram.

Eating Whitetail...and Elk, applying for Sheep (finally drew and got one in '19). Applying for moose...just not a fan of mule deer as table fare. The last one I killed in '92 was that rank, he was laying down, sick and wounded from a fight.
I understand. I give the Muleys away.

10 days away before opening day. Taking next week off to drag the camper to my friends house, scout a little while looking for an Elk. We will be going up on weekends. And I have the last 5 days of the season off as well. Fingers crossed.

Be sure to report back with pictures of the great bucks you guys kill.

Wish us luck!

Gary
Damn your bad luck. Can you transfer a tag?

The big recent snowstorms already have a lot of deer on the move in 128. You’ll have a great hunt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back