Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Late season with a youth

Cjinwi

Hello fellow hunters! New to Randy in the past few weeks and I’m all energized to get on the next hunt. We missed out on the fall season so to a move from Colorado to Washington State. So I’m thinking of a late season hunt in Montana with my son who’s a youth hunter. I know we can get tags in a lot of the state, some as late as February so that’s not really the question. The question is where this late in the year would be a good place to go? We’re accustomed to hiking about 5-6 miles a day. It’s his first elk opportunity so I’d like to give him the best experience possible. I’d love to find something on the West side but that’s not a restriction. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS. Randy Newberg you are awesome! Your passion and techniques are what this sport is all about.

CJ

Unless I’m mistaken, there are only two or three districts for which the deadline to buy OTC elk B licenses hasn’t already passed. I don’t think you have as many options as you think you do. Might want to consult the regs.

Unless I’m mistaken, there are only two or three districts for which the deadline to buy OTC elk B licenses hasn’t already passed. I don’t think you have as many options as you think you do. Might want to consult the regs.

Thanks for responding. We’re researching. The initial post was based off a phone call with MT Fish and Game.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back