Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

late season elk hunt in arkansas

cbr47

im planning on doing a late season hunt in arkansas. i have never hunted elk before i will be using a rifle but the area is very thick. the average range when i hunt whitetail is about 50 to 100 yards. would i be better off hunting on mtn top vs valley. there will rarely be more than 200 to 300 feet in difference in elevation. what sign would be the most likely to come across? honestly a cow will make me just as happy as a bull. and i would consider just getting within eye sight a success. any tips will be well recieved as I can't find much on hunting in heavy cover.

Hunting elk in Arkansas will be WAY different that hunting elk out west. I've spent a fair amount of time around elk in Arkansas. You need to talk to the local biologist, game warden and landowners(I assume you are hunting private). They will be able to help if you ask questions that make them feel you have been doing your homework. Congrats on the tag, not many folks get them.

i will reach out to them. but im planning on a public land hunt outside of the core mangement zone. really anyone can come and do it.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back