Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Late season Colorado unit 103 deer

Cogreeny

Hi guys I drew a unit 103 late season rifle tag for buck. I have went out a few times scouting and talked to the warden a couple times he mentioned some spots to check out but I was wondering about the dry lake bed that used to be Bonny reservoir it's really thick and overgrown in there do the deer use the lake bed in the late season? I saw bucks every time I was there on the south side of the lake in late summer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I hunted that area last weekend and heard shots all over the place. I don't know if there is one particular area that holds more deer. I saw deer on both ends of the "lake" as well as east of the old lakebed.

Thanks for the reply newhunter this will be my first time hunting that unit I'm hoping to hang a tag on a nice whitetail buck never shot one always hunted mulies west of I-25. The warden seemed optimistic for my chances.

Same we were there for muzzleloader saw 1 really nice buck 130"+ and a couple decent 110-120" and several small ones deer everywhere

Thanks for the reply mudranger im not asking for your spot by no means but do you think the lake bed is worth spending time on or below the dam would be better? I saw more deer around the lake in late summer and none below the dam granted their habits will change with the seasons

Back