Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Last Minute Plan Changes

Redman

I have shared in a post about taking my 14 soon to be 15 year old daughter on her first Western hunt. Well sad to say she won't be going now. Main reason being the tags she drew is in a fire area and they will refund the money. Anyway I am still going alone but my 68 year old father said that he would go along. He is not a hunter he can shoot and has hunted but it is not his passion or even interest. He is not in what I would consider to be in shape to take on the Rockies. I was planning on hiking in always from the road/trail and know that it would be too much for him. I have all the gear for him and a tent with a wood stove but not sure about leaving him close to the truck and hiking back and forth. I don't want to get out there and have to worry about how he is doing. I also think he maybe asking to go so I don't have to make the trip alone doing all the driving. What say you?

Spending quality time in some beautiful country with my dad is far more important to me than filling any tag. You never know how many more opportunities you'll get to do that.

Can you still take your daughter with you? Even without a tag could be a fun experience and build on her confidence for next year when she willhave a tag in her pocket.

What Rdog said. I lost my Dad last October at age 74. I would trade in any tag for more time with him.

Spending quality time in some beautiful country with my dad is far more important to me than filling any tag. You never know how many more opportunities you'll get to do that.

I 100% agree and if it were archery or MZ season I wouldn't worry so much. I am just concerned leaving at camp while I go out. I put miles on until I find game and know that he wouldn't be able to keep up. I am leaning towards taking him but I need to consider his well being.

Can you still take your daughter with you? Even without a tag could be a fun experience and build on her confidence for next year when she willhave a tag in her pocket.

Oh I could make it work but there are other reasons she isn't going. The one I will share is her grades in school are not where they need to be. I hate that she won't be going and I was looking forward to taking her more than she was getting to go. Unfortunately as the Dad I have to deal out consequences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bonasababy
Back