Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lacross Alpha Burly 1200 gram

hitman

Just got a pair of Lacross Alpha Burly 1200 gram rubber bowhunting boots for my birthday. They are a little difficult to get on and off, but I hiked about 5 miles in them on the first day I wore them and I love them already. The are 18 inches high, and I was hiking through swamps and streams most of the day, including some moderately steep terrain. I would recommend these boots to bowhunters for early and mid season hunts. They were $119 at Cabelas. I have a pair of Schnees 13 inch hunters for when it gets cold and snowy.

- Hitman

i have a pair of lacrosse also that are impossible to get on and off i wear a 13 so it makes it hard, my wife is a great sewer and put in a water prove seam and snap system on the top few inches to help me in and out

I don't have trouble at the top, its the ankle area that gets really narrow and I can't get my foot out without a boot remover. My friend showed me an antique boot remover made from cast iron and it is shaped like a beatle and the antanea hook around the heel section of the boot while you stand on the back of the beatle with your other foot and pull your foot out. Its pretty neat and I have to find one on ebay or someplace.

To get them on better fold down the top 8-10 inchs of the boot so they are about the size of a regular boot. Then just pull back up once your foot is in. Very easy.
Love mine also. Have 2 pair.

I bought the kind with the zipper on the side after fighting with my previous pair. So far they have been great-no leaks.........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back