Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

KY public land deer

Benfromalbuquerque

Hello, I’m a nonresident who wants to head over to KY this Fall to help out with that pesky deer thing. I’m thinking lake areas look real good as we could use a boat to access otherwise inaccessible funnels and such. So far I’ve e-searched Land Between the Lakes, Peabody and Taylorsville. Really leaning towards Land Between as it’s huge and seems to have great habitat.

I hunt just north in S IL but been to land between the lakes a few times, lots of land and good bucks to be found but need to get out further off the trail for a better chance. They are there just need to work for em

I hunt just north in S IL but been to land between the lakes a few times, lots of land and good bucks to be found but need to get out further off the trail for a better chance. They are there just need to work for em
Well here’s the thing, I’m looking to meet a good friend and his family somewhere in the middle for a week of vacationing, few days hunting. They’re coming out of OH and we would both rather travel a bit. KY looks great on paper with stuff to do as well as bag limit. But so does TN, MO, NE, AR. One hard limit would be unrestricted firearm use. I don’t want none of that straight wall cartridge/slug only restriction.

IL you are definitely restricted but most of the hunting is big woods with max shot of 100 yards. Good slug gun or muzzy is plenty.

Check the ky public hunting info. Many of the lake WMAs have a two day quota rifle hunt only. They don't partake in the statewide rifle season. As a whole, the state has plenty of deer and plenty of deer hunters. I will say the most consistent way to find larger chunks of land with less hunting pressure is with your boots but either way good luck!

Restricted to two days on some WMAs? Must be a shooting gallery in those woods. Maybe the State is trying to limit firearm use in heavy human traffic areas? Seems to me that’s counterintuitive with potentially more shots taken at non-targets or beyond the shooter’s ability. My buddy has access to leased land. Don’t know where that is, but it does sound more viable.

Back