Kuiu down

dgc1963

Just ordered the Kuiu super down ultra jacket on sale
I needed a new one and like sales should be here next week I like being able to try things on and see in person but I know Kuiu is quality gear so pulled the trigger

Nice, I got the vest and it fits pretty weird. It is a large and it is looser than the XL softshell I have. Bunch of extra room in the belly and pretty boxy fit. Not really what I expected from Kuiu. Gonna send it back. It is unbelievably light and I really wanted it to fit right. Oh well. Hope yours works better!

After a few years of use, I ran it through the home washer. Still good,but just a around town puffy now.

Lol nice I hope I made the right choice mine is old and tattered
I actually have the first lite down jacket. My buddy has the one u bought. We switched one day just see the difference. Both perform great on the warmth scale. I just like the kuiu one better because it's just as warm and incredibly lightweight.

I actually have the first lite down jacket. My buddy has the one u bought. We switched one day just see the difference. Both perform great on the warmth scale. I just like the kuiu one better because it's just as warm and incredibly lightweight.
Yea when I saw weight of abt 10oz I tought Really 10 oz should be here soon

How durable are the kuiu downs? Are ultralight puffy jackets inherently fragile or are the higher end kuiu, kifaru, Sitka etc. Jackets decent in the toughness department?

@Yaremkiv Would not recommend bush whacking in them. Its very thin nylon like a sleeping bag. If it was really durable, it wouldnt be light. That said, I have done it but very carefully. Tore the shoulder of mine on barb wire but thats obvious why, fixed with fabric tape.

How durable are the kuiu downs? Are ultralight puffy jackets inherently fragile or are the higher end kuiu, kifaru, Sitka etc. Jackets decent in the toughness department?
All the light ones are pretty fragile. They'll quickly have duck tape on them if you move around with them on. There are some heavier ones like the Sitka WS Jacket that is probably pretty durable, but it is also heavy.

Mine just arrived very pleased with it and the merino hoodie I bought with it also
yes it seems fragile but im not planning to run through briars with it on its meant to be used as a mid layer with some thing over it or when sitting and glassing

is the kuiu down worth the price over far cheaper down jackets??ive got some duck down that seems pretty good for under $100 that i use.dont get me wrong,kuiu makes some good stuff,,in fact i have there carbon fiber day pack from 5 yrs ago,,,just seems like alot of gear is getting way overpriced for what it is..kuiu,sitka,first lite,even cabelas,,ect,,seems to be getting big$ for there gear .///maybe im just worried about the prices these days along with everything else going up.

I cant judge everything out their but IMO this new jacket is a big step up from the one I had and a friends store brand
I do look for sales all the time and for a little over $200 I think its a good value
The non camo ones I was looking at were about the same price.

I just got the Kuiu down pants in the mail, I have a ptarmigan down coat I keep along and wanted a pair of pants. While they are nice they don't have a stuff sack. Did your jacket come with one and if not what are you guys using to keep in stuff in your bag and a little safe ?

I just got the Kuiu down pants in the mail, I have a ptarmigan down coat I keep along and wanted a pair of pants. While they are nice they don't have a stuff sack. Did your jacket come with one and if not what are you guys using to keep in stuff in your bag and a little safe ?
Both Kuiu Down pants should have an internal stuff sack pocket in the rear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back