Knight wolverine?

FrogFire7

Hey all,

Been around muzzleloaders, use to shoot them back in the day in YHEC, etc. Hunted a few times with one, etc.

Planning to hunt Colorado 2021 for elk, probably muzzleloader.

Was just googling some and decided to check out Knight (shot a knight one time back in the day shooting YHEC and was impressed).

Their bottom of the line Wolverine model is marked down to $250 from $400... it SEEMS like a great deal, but I'm far from being "up" on current muzzleloaders or trends. Is this actually a good deal, or are they no better than current cva, T/C, etc?

Thanks

I have a knight wolverine absolutely love it. never used it on an elk hunt but have shot lots of whitetail deer with it in Indiana. for a long time we could only use muzzleloaders or Shotguns during gun season. it's extremely accurate, it will touch the the same hole at a hundred yards with the powder and bullet setup I use. if you end up buying it hit me up I can give you the setup I use I would highly recommend it for $250

Thanks man! For the price, I figured it would be hard to go wrong. I know there are a lot of poor quality guns for that price... seems like this would be a step up, but didn't know anything about them

Hey all,

Been around muzzleloaders, use to shoot them back in the day in YHEC, etc. Hunted a few times with one, etc.

Planning to hunt Colorado 2021 for elk, probably muzzleloader.

Was just googling some and decided to check out Knight (shot a knight one time back in the day shooting YHEC and was impressed).

Their bottom of the line Wolverine model is marked down to $250 from $400... it SEEMS like a great deal, but I'm far from being "up" on current muzzleloaders or trends. Is this actually a good deal, or are they no better than current cva, T/C, etc?

Thanks
I have a handful of knight wolverines and they have done my family really well. No complaints on any of them. I did retire them from hunting 6-7 years ago and went to a CVA Optima V2 for ease of cleaning. I will probably never shoot any of those knights again. The
"break action" and finger tighten removable breech plug are just so much easier to use and clean

I have a knight wolverine and it has been a great gun. It's an older one and I'm guessing it was built around 1997 or so, but it worked great. It was an inline with a number 11 percussion cap ignition originally, and I bought the conversion kit for it so I could shoot 209 primers. I'm using a TC Triumph right now, but the Wolverine worked great.

Why the switch, Walkathon? Ease of cleaning, as others have mentioned?

That's one big downside, it seems.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy that, or if it's really no better than some of the other break style inlines on the current market.

Why the switch, Walkathon? Ease of cleaning, as others have mentioned?

That's one big downside, it seems.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy that, or if it's really no better than some of the other break style inlines on the current market.
I mainly switched due to ease of cleaning. The Wolverine was very accurate and I shot several deer with it over the years. The TC Triumph has a removable breech plug that you can basically take out by hand. My Wolverine and CVA have threaded breach plugs that are more time consuming to remove, but all 3 guns work well. I didn't have a real compelling reason to buy the TC Triumph, other than the fact of it being on sale for $330 and me having Cabelas points....

Last edited:
Great gun. A pain to clean but they shoot good. I still shoot a Knight Bighorn, which is a longer barreled version of the Wolverine. It’s been too accurate for me to upgrade to another one.

I did not. I really like the ease of cleaning on the new break barrel designs... cleaning blackpowder was always one thing I hated back when I shot YHEC, so anything that will make it easier is probably what I'm going to go for.

My friend shot a Wolverine prior to getting a TC Omega. I shot a Knight BK99 prior to getting a TC Encore. Knight built a good rifle but I’m not sure they’re still in business. I’d have reservations about getting one as my primary muzzleloader. If you’re looking used, find an Omega and put it under the microscope before buying. They are an excellent muzzleloader.

I know that this is really late to the party. But FWIW, my Knight Wolverine 209 has been a terrific shooter. They are a little "involved" to clean, but the accuracy and reliability has been awesome. I also bought the conversion kit to shoot No 11 or Musket caps as well. But seeing as I haven't hunted in a state requiring that change, I haven't shot it that way much. Very accurate rifle. Basically, load 100 grains (volume) of 777 and a 275-300 grain Sabot and it will shoot them awesome. My favorite is the Barnes 285 Spitfire, but others have worked well too. Haven't needed to try a conical here yet, but will be trying the No Excuses 420 bullets sometime soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back