Caribou Gear

Kimber Pro Desolve Blak reviews?

homers

Anybody handled, shot or have the Kimber Pro Desolve Blak? For MSRP of $1k and available in 280 AI has me wanting to investigate more.

I have no idea if this rifle is any different than any other Kimber Hunter rifle (with a brake) with the exception of a new name.

I have a Kimber Hunter Pro which is a cerakoted version of this rifle with a Cabela's True Timber dipped stock. Rifle shoots 1/2" groups consistently. Trigger could use some work but after 5 years it is probably my favorite rifle.

One criticism I've read about some Kimber models is the rounded stock bottom. I don't know if this is all models, but I saw it in a Mountain Ascent (I think). Of course, if you're otherwise in love with the model, the stock is a minor thing to act on.

Does a not-so-flat stock bottom annoy you western hunters? For my ranges, I don't think it would be a concern.

In my opinion a flat bottom stock is for shooting off bags on the bench, which I can't seem to find many of while shooting at game in the field. 95% of my rifles do not have flat bottoms on the stocks, seems that a flat bottom would cause issues trying to level the rifle over a pack or other field support on uneven terrain.

In my opinion a flat bottom stock is for shooting off bags on the bench, which I can't seem to find many of while shooting at game in the field. 95% of my rifles do not have flat bottoms on the stocks, seems that a flat bottom would cause issues trying to level the rifle over a pack or other field support on uneven terrain.
Good point. I first heard this complaint from Backfire TV. I think your "bags off the bench" is replaced by "backpack in the field" when raising this objection.

Its not something that has concerned me personally, but I've only got 9 years of hunting experience, so I defer to those who claim it can be a problem. Don't want to find out at the wrong time that I should have chosen a different stock.

I thought about the flatter bottom being useful when shooting from a treestand rail, but I've not noticed any real-world difference. My hand prefers the rounded stock, and I'd say about half of my hunting shots are done freehand.

I just bought one, had not time to shoot it yet, feels and handles nice, bolt is smoth, trigger feels nice, its plenty light, balances well. There is alot to like about this rifle, 3 position safety, locking bolt, detachable mag, plastic stock but not the cheap hollow sounding stuff. Thats as much as i can say about it without shooting and hunting with it.

I just bought one, had not time to shoot it yet, feels and handles nice, bolt is smoth, trigger feels nice, its plenty light, balances well. There is alot to like about this rifle, 3 position safety, locking bolt, detachable mag, plastic stock but not the cheap hollow sounding stuff. Thats as much as i can say about it without shooting and hunting with it.
Please get back after you shoot it. Folks I know who went from standard rifles to Kimber light rifles get a reeducation about barrel heating. Might want to bring more than one to the range that day. Love to find out what you experience.

Please get back after you shoot it. Folks I know who went from standard rifles to Kimber light rifles get a reeducation about barrel heating. Might want to bring more than one to the range that day. Love to find out what you experience.
The barrel is definatley thin, im sure one would need to allow cooling time to get those brag worthy groups. For me, what I expect from this gun is to be comfortable and safe to carry in hand in steep, thick country and be reasonably accurate from field positions. Im looking forward to seeing how it shoots as well, but i certainly didnt buy it to try to shoot 1/2" groups at the range.

Thin barrels are why its so important to own as many guns as possible, so you can swap around during the cooling.
I like that line of thinking.

Definitely things get warm fast. My Kimber hunter pro will put 2 rounds touching and the 3rd will be a flier by nearly an inch. It's a shoot...wait...shoot...wait...shoot kind of load development.

I like that line of thinking.

Definitely things get warm fast. My Kimber hunter pro will put 2 rounds touching and the 3rd will be a flier by nearly an inch. It's a shoot...wait...shoot...wait...shoot kind of load development.
Certainly good enough for hunting (unless you're that infamous 6.5 Creedmoor bear hunter on YouTube). Gotta get a Kimber something into my safe. If I were out west, the lightweight thing would be a higher priority for me.

Thin barrels are why its so important to own as many guns as possible, so you can swap around during the cooling.
It’s so nice to be able to bring a few rifles to cycle through during range sessions, while giving each rifle a chance to cool. Lately, I’ve brought a .22lr rifle and attempt to shoot as nice of a group as I can at 100 yards while I wait. Also been playing with a .44 revolver at the 200yard steel. Lots of fun and concentration with either of those between rifle groups.

It’s so nice to be able to bring a few rifles to cycle through during range sessions, while giving each rifle a chance to cool. Lately, I’ve brought a .22lr rifle and attempt to shoot as nice of a group as I can at 100 yards while I wait. Also been playing with a .44 revolver at the 200yard steel. Lots of fun and concentration with either of those between rifle groups.
I always bring a .22 rifle with me to range sessions, unless its a handgun-only session. Keeps costs down and lets people ease in to the bigger stuff.

The state of Colorado should have the ability to revoke those hunting privledges for as long as they would like.
Not for making multiple bad shots but for being stupid enough to place that kind of video on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back