Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Kifaru Universal Gun Bearer

Nathan

I purchased one and it came with no directions and even the video they have online is of the standard one for Kifaru packs.

I installed it today and it just doesn’t fit on my Sawtooth very well. I shoot left handed with a right handed gun and the bolt sits against my hip so the gun rides at an awful angle.

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just an issue because of my gun being on wrong side. I don’t have a left handed gun to try and see if it rides better.

I purchased one and it came with no directions and even the video they have online is of the standard one for Kifaru packs.

I installed it today and it just doesn’t fit on my Sawtooth very well. I shoot left handed with a right handed gun and the bolt sits against my hip so the gun rides at an awful angle.

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s just an issue because of my gun being on wrong side. I don’t have a left handed gun to try and see if it rides better.

I just put mine on the right side of the pack.

Have you tried "rolling" the rifle 180 degrees so the scope rides down and the bolt will be to the outside?

Have you tried "rolling" the rifle 180 degrees so the scope rides down and the bolt will be to the outside?

I’ll see how that works. Otherwise I’ll probably do like ”wllm1313” said and just put it on the wrong side.

Just like Lige said, turn it upside down. I find my gun rides better upside down anyways

I ride my gun with the scope down. It sure rides better that way. FYI - I love the system and was super happy with it. Does take a bit to adjust the straps so the gun rides where you need it but once it is adjusted the system rocks.

I agree with the gun being upside down. I aloprefer it to be on my non dominant side (I’m right handed and sling is on my left). I find since my right hand is more dexterous, it’s easier to thread the loop on the forearm part with my right hand this way. Took a little getting used to but absolutely love in now. No more use for standard slings for me.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will give it a second chance and try the upside down hold and see how I like it.

I just tried mine out while hunting in Oregon, I liked scope down but didn't like the scope rubbing on my hip belt pouch. Hands free is a great feeling though. I did switch back to a sling for the rest of the hunt. To me it's workin progress!

I also run mine with the scope down. It seems to ride much better and the bolt handle doesn’t bother me at all.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back