Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kestrel with Applied Ballistics

matechakeric

anyone pair their rangefinder up to a kestrel? is it worth the additional cost for western hunts? kestrels are not cheap.

or is it just much more effective to close the distance and avoid cross winds

I've got the 2700 and use it quite a bit, it's definitely helpful when conditions are super variable, plus the confidence boost of being dialed for the exact shot you are about to take rather than a generic cheat sheet, for $200 I find it worth it-the more advanced models seem like they have more features than I could possibly use and are tougher to use quickly in the field...

my brother, who is far more of a long-range nut than I am had a couple of high-end kestrel setups and largely ditched them for the Gunworks ballistic rangefinder, if I was spending a bunch of cash I'd probably lean that way and have one less separate piece of gear to carry...

In hunting situations a range finder with stand alone atmosphere and ballistics is much more useful.

If there is enough wind that you need a kestrel, and you have to aSK about its use case, id advise not taking the shot.

I have one. Use it for shooting steel. But if I need it in a hunting situation it means I’m taking a shot that’s pushing my ethical limits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back