Kansas pheasant suggestions

jnd1959

Well, since we didn't draw Wyoming we've scrapped the mountain hunts in favor of some flatland bird harassment. Any suggestions on guides/CSAs? My son has never hunted behind dogs so I'm thinking a place where we ca can hunt wild birds in the morning and a CSA in the afternoon. He was going to miss a week of school anyway so we can hunt e
Weekdays.

Also, any Kansas duck hunters that want to team up we plan on hunting public ducks as well. Not sure where but we have everything but dogs.
Thks

I can give a suggestion for No Limits Kennels (NLK) out of Heizer, KS and 6 Star Outfitters out of Great Bend, KS. They work together to provide a service for each other.
I went to high school with both of the guys that run these companies, so I can give a reference over the internet, which probably isn't worth much.
I know JC with NLK pretty well, I've shot a couple limits of pheasants over his dogs before he started the business.

Just know guiding isn't allowed on public lands.

However, look up Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area. If you have a decoy sled, a dozen decoys, and a bucket, you will get all the duck hunting you could ever want. Plan to work your butt off though. Also Quivira National Wildlife Refuge is not far away, but can be closed down due to Whooping Cranes.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back