Just stole a gun

S

steamingutpile

Wife is having a garage sale. Why do they call them garage sales? Have you ever bought a garage at one? OK enough silliness. Guy across the street came over with a gun he's had in his closet at least 36yrs asking us to sell it. I asked how much he said $25 so I bought it. Its a Winchester Model 270 pump 22 Serial No# B101227 and it looks like it just came out of the box. Action and trigger are a little stiff but it chambers, fires, and ejects shells fine. The bright metal has a yellowish film on it. Most likely 36yr old gun oil. Called Winchester they made two versions one from 1963-1973 had a plastic forearm. The other(one I bought) full Monte Carlo wood stock & forearm made from 1965-1973. Quoted a value for like new condition $250. For $45 the local gunshop will disassemble and completely clean. So it looks like for $70 I got a real good deal here. Felt bad when I found out the value. Told the neighbor and he said I just wanted it out of the house. OK he's happy I'm happy! Think I've got a nice 3-9 22 scope here someplace. Squirrels may be in deep trouble come fall.:D

I think I'd be buying the guy a gift card somewhere at least, that's a flogging.

I will give you $50 for it. You'd be a fool not to take it as you doubled your money

Great deal gp, deal's like that don't come along very often. I'm still waiting for my shot ( pun intended ) at one.

What are the chances of that kind of deal falling in your lap ? Carma I tell you , things are looking up for you my friend .

Another neighbor has a Winchester Model 61 pump 22 which is even older. Unfortunatly he knows what its worth. DANG THE LUCK!!!!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back