Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Just stole a gun

S

steamingutpile

Wife is having a garage sale. Why do they call them garage sales? Have you ever bought a garage at one? OK enough silliness. Guy across the street came over with a gun he's had in his closet at least 36yrs asking us to sell it. I asked how much he said $25 so I bought it. Its a Winchester Model 270 pump 22 Serial No# B101227 and it looks like it just came out of the box. Action and trigger are a little stiff but it chambers, fires, and ejects shells fine. The bright metal has a yellowish film on it. Most likely 36yr old gun oil. Called Winchester they made two versions one from 1963-1973 had a plastic forearm. The other(one I bought) full Monte Carlo wood stock & forearm made from 1965-1973. Quoted a value for like new condition $250. For $45 the local gunshop will disassemble and completely clean. So it looks like for $70 I got a real good deal here. Felt bad when I found out the value. Told the neighbor and he said I just wanted it out of the house. OK he's happy I'm happy! Think I've got a nice 3-9 22 scope here someplace. Squirrels may be in deep trouble come fall.:D

I think I'd be buying the guy a gift card somewhere at least, that's a flogging.

I will give you $50 for it. You'd be a fool not to take it as you doubled your money

Great deal gp, deal's like that don't come along very often. I'm still waiting for my shot ( pun intended ) at one.

What are the chances of that kind of deal falling in your lap ? Carma I tell you , things are looking up for you my friend .

Another neighbor has a Winchester Model 61 pump 22 which is even older. Unfortunatly he knows what its worth. DANG THE LUCK!!!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back