Just had a WOW moment !

Little Big Man MT Chris

I was driving home and looking at the pickup in front me , nothing special looks like any other pick up on the road and there is a bumper sticker that said “ I REMEMBER KOREA “ and I’m just following behind the truck on my line of travel and I noticed that the license plate is very different . I’ve never seen one like it , it was a all silver color And I couldn’t tell if the lettering was dark blue or black and I’m wondering what freaking state's that’s from I never seen a plate like that, And we get to the stoplight and I’m now directly behind the truck , I’m looking at the plate and half paying attention and thinking of other things , I see on the left side there’s a capitol P over a capitol W and I’m like what the hell is that ? and I’m looking at the plate and it’s 00002 . Still thinking what a weird freaking plate, And then through the dust and dirt that covered the plate at the top the words become very visible To my eyes

EX POW

my mouth drops as it slowly dawns on me what I’m looking at , the light turns green we head off , The silver gray haired man drives away as I am overcome with the feeling of AWE , I want to thank him for his service. and wished we were somewhere other than the 2 Lane Country Highway so I could’ve got the opportunity to say hi and find out his name. I sped up to try to get a pic of that plate , but it’s just blurry, I saw the road he turned down , it’s 4 miles from my house , My first impulse was to follow him to see where he lives so I could thank him , but then I’m like I didn’t want to freak him out and have him wonder who the hell is this weirdo following me. Next time I head to town that way I’ll probably drive that way and see if I can see his truck parked in one of the driveways and try to make contact with him that way just to say thank you. And if I dont ever see him again , just that encounter this afternoon left an impact on me that I wanted to share with the huntalk crew. Did I say WOW !

33D5A56C-2EBD-4860-B7AF-75FF3A51F4C4.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back