PEAX Equipment

Just a heads up on CWD unit 62,64,65 Colorado

The deer was found in Montrose at the black Canyon golf course, at least that is what I was told.

Sooo?!! Don't shoot them and eat them if they look sick. No big deal. Every deer state has had it and Colorado has had it around forever. I talked to a guide one time that said it had been around for 40 plus years where he hunted. If they saw a sick animal, it was left alone. It is a bunch to do about nothing.

I think it was discovered in the late 60's and early 70's in N Colorado in captive herds. But early 80's before it was noticed in the wild.

It has been around a long time. Brought to Wyoming to study and then spread throughout Wyoming . It has not decimated herds. Just don't shoot a sick animal, however Colorado will refund your tag and processing if you shoot a positive animal.

40 plus years of CWD? Hmmmm.......

Nobody has any idea how long it has been around. It was DIAGNOSED then, because the stupid people that were game farming got it brought to the forefront. It has always been there. If it bothers you that badly, then don't apply in those areas and leave the permits for someone else.

The fact is that if you don't eat the brain or spinal cord, it is not a problem anyway.

As I said, it is much to do about nothing.

We found several deer in the mid 80"s in unit 62 that had it. At the time we did not know exactly what it was, but now they I have seen it and know what it is for sure, that is exactly what it was. We even told the game warden at the time and he did nothing.... :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back