PEAX Equipment

Joined the pellet grill craze

spriest

I finally bit the bullet (my old gas grill died) and joined the pellet grill craze. We seasoned it today and christened it with some elk steaks, chicken and even tried an apple pie. All were great. Any go to recipes or things to try?

Attachments

• C4759E06-1CFE-4031-9D5D-852EB055BC2E.jpeg
    C4759E06-1CFE-4031-9D5D-852EB055BC2E.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • FA3CBA16-9DB8-4E64-BAAE-FAAF1792BDB1.jpeg
    FA3CBA16-9DB8-4E64-BAAE-FAAF1792BDB1.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31
Pork shoulder 225 until it hits 205 internal, baby backs 5 hours at 225, hank Shaw brined elk or deer ham or roast, reverse seared steaks, etc etc....honestly it’s a game changer for protein of any kind, Have Fun!

pork shoulder
8-11 pounds
Brown sugar mustard
Smoke 180degrees 1-hour
225 until reaches 195-205 . Uncovered your lookin at 15 hours
If you wanta speed it up cover it up when it hits 160. But what’s the rush ... low and slow man . once it hits 195-205 put it in a small cooler to rest for two hours . It will fall off bone .

Chicken wings
Keep them whole
Lightly season
250 for about 45 minutes
Pull them off .
put in foil pan
cover them with Sauce
Put them back on the smoker at 275 for 10 minutes to set sauce .

someone posted a recipe here about putting a backstrap on the pellet grill @200degrees until the internal temp reaches 115 or so then brown it on both sides in a cast iron pan in butter; that is so far my favorite recipe.

Standby while i look for it...

here it is TWSnow's:

I finally bit the bullet (my old gas grill died) and joined the pellet grill craze. We seasoned it today and christened it with some elk steaks, chicken and even tried an apple pie. All were great. Any go to recipes or things to try?
I really like shrimp skewers as a side dish:
Peel and devein them
oil and lemon
salt, pepper, seasoning, garlic
chopped parsley
thread the shrimp onto skewers
3 minutes each side

Last edited:
Where you guys get your grill? Looking to grab my dad one for Father's Day this year.

This is backwards from what everyone does but I've had good results with venison roasts.
-The night before salt and pepper the roast and place in ziplock.
-Add brown sugar and oil, let sit over night.
-Heat smoker to 250 and smoke roast till it hits 120-125.
-Vacuum seal and place in souis vide at 125 for 4-6 hours.
-remove from bag, cover in honey and put back on smoker over the sear burner to glaze.

Where you guys get your grill? Looking to grab my dad one for Father's Day this year.
Depends on which one you want, big box stores carry them; If you're in ND and wanted a Green mountain, theres a dealer out of WI that has warehouses throughout WI, MN, and maybe even ND, but he mentioned he ships spee-dee and its really afordable for how much they weigh!

Another great recipe I like for fish from my green mountain recipe:
-Fish of choice
-Equal parts of: milk, water, lemon juice
-Favorite seasoning

-Soak the fish in the marinade for atleast 30 min
-Grill at 400 for 4-5 minutes each side

I have been loving this recipe lately, used it on walleyes and panfish and on the propane and pellet grill. I've been using Meateaters Mermaid rub

Back