Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jealous of you guys in Alaska

mtmiller

Well I just got back from visiting Valdez and had the time of my life. What an amazing place. One day I was climbing glaciers and the next I was in the Interior where I saw bear, moose and wolf tracks all within ten feet of each other.

I did a little halibut fishing, but no monsters, hell pulling in a 25 pounder from 300' about killed me. I can't say enough about how friendly the people were and how beautiful the scenery was.

I am a bit of a Bird-Nerd and was able to put about a dozen new species on the life list. It was also a rush to have whales surfacing within 100 yards of the boat while fishing.

Alright I am done rambling. Just wanted to share a little about the trip. The toughest part of the trip was drinking beer and Crown until dark nearly every night, which did not occur until around midnight. :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-08-2002 13:48: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

That's some of the same memories that I had when I went up in the early eighties while in the Navy..Almost jumped ship and disapeared...It was in summer and some of the best looking country I had ever seen in my life....Some day!!! :D :D :D

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip up here. Valdez is one of my favorite places to go to.
you got keystone canyon and all the waterfalls plus johnsons pass is great to drive up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back