Jackets for layering

williaada

I just got rid of on uncompraghe first lite jacket. Stepped up and purchased a Sitka jet steam as my out layer jacket. What Sitka jacket do people use most of the time when elk hunting when hiking in and then sitting to glass.

I just got rid of on uncompraghe first lite jacket. Stepped up and purchased a Sitka jet steam as my out layer jacket. What Sitka jacket do people use most of the time when elk hunting when hiking in and then sitting to glass.

I use an Eddie Bauer Down jacket I found at Sam’s Club for $35. Have worn it to 20* or so with a merino base layer and been very comfortable. Before that was a EB Cirruslite which was a bit warmer.

Sitting maybe lacks a little warmth.

Pretty exclusive club though, gotta have a card, flash it to the bouncer, it’s a whole big thing.

I use an Eddie Bauer Down jacket I found at Sam’s Club for $35. Have worn it to 20* or so with a merino base layer and been very comfortable. Before that was a EB Cirruslite which was a bit warmer.

Pretty exclusive club though, gotta have a card, flash it to the bouncer, it’s a whole big thing.

Thanks, I don’t care about the name brand more how it works.

Sitka Ambient is the most versatile piece of hunting clothing I own. Awesome for keeping you warm as a midlayer, and if it's not really cold you can use it as a top layer.

I’ve heard good things about the Sitka ambient. I have the previous version (Celsius) that I bought on clearance when they discontinued it, one of my favorite pieces

It's currently on sale for $30 at our Costco, melted my last one on a propane heater, little too much duct tape, grabbed a new one.

Me too. They had them again this year, bought my three boys one each. I got myself another xl and a 2xl to layer over it for real cold. Definitely not outer wear (mine has about 6 gorilla tape patches), but awesome bang for the buck in a light weight inner layer.

Has anyone used the ambient with a pack while out chasing deer or elk. Did the shoulder straps start to wear on jacket. Ordering the down jacket from Costco now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back