I’ve got a question

Foggy Mountain

Fellas I’m not criticizing the forum but the hounds thing strikes me as “off”. Most the posts are not about hounds but dogs. Why do we use hounds instead of dogs?
Wouldn’t a dogs forum be cool, than pointers, flushers, hounds, retrievers could be sub forums? I hope no one takes that incorrectly. Just a thought

Hunting with Hounds is just a name of a sub forum on hunttalk. The name is sounds more interesting than hunting with dogs so don't read into it beyond that.

You're on a hunting forum that is primarily western big game hunting. I don't think there's enough talk about hunting with hounds to justify multiple subforums.

Hunting With Hounds is just a literary device (alliteration?). If you want more dog stuff you could check out Gundog forum, but I think you'll find this place is friendlier (most of the time). Unless you are into competing with expensive pointing dogs with long names (e.g. Baron Brownturd the Fifth of Fartmoor), expect a frosty reception over there. I agree, the gundog section here doesn't generate enough responses to warrant splitting it up.

Hunting with hounds is way different than dog hunting which to my knowledge hasn't been discussed here. However, if you want some entertainment, start a post about shooting cats.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back