Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

I've been sent -

Tom

to spread the word.

gators92603.jpg

God blessed Texas! (its a line from a country song)

Its alligator season! That big one could have ate me.

This is at the downtown Broadway meat processor in San Antonio. You never know what they'll show you, when you ask to see what came in recently.

When I first saw the picture, I thought that is how they hunted them in Texas.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the unusual picture. Appears to be a pile of 'gator meat there. Do you ever chase the reptiles? and how does one hunt them? night hunts?

Its like $2000 for regular outfitted hunt with a gauranteed tag, I've seen that advertised. I've put in for the public hunts, which would just be $75, but haven't got to get one yet.

Its like a hunt/fish or fish/hunt, the safest way. You put out 300 lb test line with bloody sinky chicken bait on a big hook, or something like that. One foot above the water, may get a small one during the night, two feet above the water, a medium one, and 3 feet, a huge one, but its less likely then, so that's your choice. The bait may still be hanging, if you put it too high. Then, you come back the next day and try to real them in and shoot them in their pea sized brain. They try to real you in, pull you under, wack you with the tail, and eat you. That's the way I understand it. You need a small enough boat to get around in the shallow swampy water where they are after food, etc., but you need a big enough boat, that they don't get in with you or tip you over to get in with them or just real the whole boat in for a nice big meal, before you hit their pea sized brain and get their tail and jaws out of the situation. We have them in the south and the east part of Texas near LA.

Thats a cool pile of gators...
I am invited to one down in Florida from one of the fire fighters that I met on the last outing, I will be jumping on it next year..Thanks for the pic...
biggrin.gif

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back