MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

It's Finally Done !

Gunner46

This started as a dream, way back during Desert Storm. Finally made it come true yesterday. My 338 Fed project is now alive!

It's a Ruger American Wolf, that started as a 308 Win. I sent it of to JES for the re-bore. Talk about turn around? From Ohio to Oregon, and back, job done inside of 3 weeks ! As Jessie wrote in his return note "She looks good".

While it was away, I had a chance to pull down some killer OT at work, so the next step was ordering a Leupold 2x7x33 from Schmalts.

The barreled action got back and UPS had destroyed both the trigger shoe and the tang safety....I mean Destroyed ! Someone really had to bang that package pretty hard, several times.

Spilt milk, keep the eye on the prize. Here is where VaSpeedGoat steps up to the plate and knocks it out of the park by hooking me up with Jack Keister Custom, Harrisonburg, VA. A few calls, a check for some earnest money up front, and TA-DA, a complete trigger/safety assembly at my door....when Ruger wouldn't touch it without a complete restore back to original factory condition ( including a mandatory replacement of the barrel).

I've dubbed her "3B". Bulls, Bears, & Boars.

Now, it's range time.

338-1.jpg338-2.jpg

Would you be willing to say what the re-bore cost? I really like that cartridge and have considered doing it with a .308 BLR. I just never know how much I would be into it for. Nice looking gun!

A 338 Fed BLR? Oh Yeah !!! Talk to Jes before you ship and make d@mn sure you over pack it, unless you want to have to go through what I did with UPS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back