Is this one a keeper

Tobey

View

I called this Moose from about 300 yards to 30 yards with a coffee can and a shoe string

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

What brand of coffee can do you use ?
By the way,...BANG, he looks like a keeper to me

nice bull!

he's a keeper....

with a bow at 30 yards....NO SHOT YET...to many branches in the way...to much to go wrong

with a rifle at 30 yards.....CLEAN OUT THE FREEZER!!

REDBEARD

the guides in Newfoundland used a soup can and shoe string. Seemed to work almost as well as the coffee!
smile.gif

hmmmm... pic could be bad angle... but it looks like he has small or no shovels out front.... i think i`d pass...unless it the only one i`v seen... nice pic though

------------------
Roper..:)
an11.gif

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

I called this moose out to one of my bear hunters last fall.He wanted a close up Picture
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Redbeard I will give the string one more pull and you will have your shot
smile.gif
smile.gif
LOL Roper If your hunting moose in Maine you don't want to spend a lot of time looking for large front shovels!!! We don't have menny.And If your lucky you mite get another chance in 15 or 20 years

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

Great Picture and great calling skills Tobey!!!!!Personally i would let him lick the milk off his lips first!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I passed up several like that hunting for a 45 incher two years ago, and ended up killing one just a little bigger than that one in the pic. They never get big when ya kill the little ones. A couple more years and he would be a keeper. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

[This message has been edited by bcat (edited 03-27-2001).]

I bet that one in the pic is close to 45 Bcat. If you are hunting in Maine or N.H. and pass up moose like this I would say you would have a good chance of going home empty handed. What do you think Tobey and bearbaiter?

I have one bonus point and my application is in for this year and if that guy comes by and gives me a shot than you bet hes commin home with me!!! he might not be the biggest in the maine woods but a very respectable bull to say the least GOOD JOB Tobey!!! ive been waiting five years now for a tag!!!!! maybe one day!!

------------------

fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Bcat
This Picture is a bad angle!!!! This moose is a Minimum 45" probably closer to 50" And the palms are at least 12"!!!
I got drown in 1982 and shot a Bull with a 48" spread.If I ever get drown again I will shoot one that's edible (one with milk still on its lips) And No Bones On his head.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey
View

[This message has been edited by Tobey (edited 03-28-2001).]

Pictures can be decieving!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It must be a Canadian type moose if it is near 50 inches. Was just heckling ya a little Tobey, getting closer to being even!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Its a nice moose and I agree a cow is much better eating!!!!! As hard as it is to get a tag there I would probably shoot it to be honest with ya, even if it did have milk on its lips!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back