MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is there a scholarship for buying a new pair of Kenetrek boots...?

guserto4

I had this amazing plan to buy a new pair of kenetreks using my company's wellness reimbursement program, which up until the end of the year paid for 50% of your active purchases (gym memberships, athletic apparel, etc) per year, up to $250 in reimbursements.

Well I maxed out for 2016 with a Kuiu jacket and gym membership so I figured after the holidays I'd pick up the boots. Then Christmas came and my company gave everyone a Fitbit! I PROMPTLY went to my Cabela's and hocked that for store credit! The $250 reimbursable plus the $140 for the Fitbit meant I'd only have to shell out about $100 bucks for my new pair of boots! I was ecstatic. Merry Christmas to me!

Then it all went downhill.

Cabela's only sells kenetreks online and I couldn't just pick them up at the store. [Mild sadness]. Then my company modified the wellness reimbursement program [outrage] to some irritating online fitness app where you earn 'badges' by completing 'challenges'; ones dreamed up by the powers that be, who now get to define what my healthy active lifestyle will be if I want that money... PLUS this program requires diligent upkeep for the entire year before one can get their full reimbursement. [melancholy and 1000 yd stare into a sad and frustrating future. You bet I'm filling this stuff out during business hours!].

The Fitbit was an omen. It was the harbinger of a bootless New Year.

I looked and none of the 'challenges' include hiking miles into the woods or trudging with meat on your back. Ones of the challenges, no kidding, was having dinner with your family 3 times in a week. A single woman in the office remarked that she'll just have to find wines with 'husband' or 'children' on the label to accomplish this feat.

I spent half of that $140 Cabela's store credit on ammo and stuff for the GF and now need to find some other way to get my boots for $100... SOO does anyone know where I can get a scholarship for a pair of Kenetreks?!

Last edited:
Check out ebay. In the past Kenetrek has sold returned boots on ebay and I picked up a barely used pair for under $100. Might help that I wear size 13, the more common sizes tend to go for a little more $$ but still under $200.

I haven't seen any listed in a while, but I check periodically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back