Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Is hunting big game accompanied by a dog legal?

This feels like a trap...
wvzbVM.gif

I always hunted elk and moose with a Lab along for the company. Shot lots of grouse during those trips. The dogs stayed close whether I was a foot or in the saddle. No one ever bothered me about it. Here moose can be run with dogs but they have to be licensed for it. Not my thing.

For the first time ever I had in range and dead to rights a legal bull with both dog and bow this last fall. My dog, who is re-learning to walk after a severe seizure was at my feet as a bunch of satellites came screaming in. She has a tremor she cannot control and it gets worse when she gets excited, her head bobs like she has Parkinson's. Rag came to 20 yards and he froze in mid chew to focus on my blob shape and the weird bobbing of her head. Finally his eyes got big as saucers and he blew out taking the other un-seen bulls with him. It was so funny the look she gave me... sorry dad. She had so much fun on that trip it was priceless to have her back at my side. Getting another elk be damned anyway!

She went along in rifle as well and was a real handicap as she had to be helped over every good sized log, but it was worth it.

F2D470D3-87B6-4068-8CBA-A2F5C1782D1A.jpeg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back