MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Is gun buying becoming anti-climactic for anyone else?

I agree! Box stores mostly suck! My favorite local gun shops have everything out where you can touch them - besides handguns. When Gander Mt. stores first opened in NYS you could handle most everything, then they put all the new ones behind the counter with a few used guns on a rack that was accessible.

Over time, my interests change. Light weight rifles always get me excited, but I've had my AR phase, 22 LR phase and now I'm starting to drool over some of the bolt action long range rifles that look almost like AR's. I have no actual need for one and in NYS, there aren't many places that you can eve shoot 300 yards. I drooled in a meadow in CO recently on a bowhunt where I could see over 1,500 yards! What fun I could have there!!!

Yes and no. I have an AR but that's an "end of the world" gun for me. I have it just to have it, but it's soul-less to me. I have a couple of Savage Axis's (30-06 and (.243) but they're not exciting to me. They feel like the cheap tools that they are. They are my only scoped rifles. I love my lever actions though (Mossberg 464 (M94 clone) and Henry.22LR).

I have a pump shotgun. I have an inline ML too. But my REAL favorites are my milsurps. MN 91/30, M44, Yugo 24/47 Mauser and two 7.7 Arisakas. They're all cool, they all have history and they're all fun to hunt with. By far my favorite is the 8mn Yugo Mauser.

I reload for every one of my guns except for the shotgun and obviously the .22LR. I also cast my own bullets for almost every rifle and handgun I own. That is the fun part for me. Getting a new gun and learning its quirks, what bullets it likes, etc.

Emrah

Yes and no. I have an AR but that's an "end of the world" gun for me. I have it just to have it, but it's soul-less to me. I have a couple of Savage Axis's (30-06 and (.243) but they're not exciting to me. They feel like the cheap tools that they are. They are my only scoped rifles. I love my lever actions though (Mossberg 464 (M94 clone) and Henry.22LR).

I have a pump shotgun. I have an inline ML too. But my REAL favorites are my milsurps. MN 91/30, M44, Yugo 24/47 Mauser and two 7.7 Arisakas. They're all cool, they all have history and they're all fun to hunt with. By far my favorite is the 8mn Yugo Mauser.

I reload for every one of my guns except for the shotgun and obviously the .22LR. I also cast my own bullets for almost every rifle and handgun I own. That is the fun part for me. Getting a new gun and learning its quirks, what bullets it likes, etc.

Emrah

Pics of the surplus?

I've been more into the "buying used" thing now. I always wonder if someone got rid of a rifle they can't make group, so it's kind of a challenge now to buy it, work it over, build loads for and then get the most out of it I can. Then it's on to the next "I wonder" rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back