Is Ammo supply coming back at all yet?

Ouch.

I just bought a ar-15 in 223. I picked up the dies, etc. to reload but with the cost of materials right now it was cheaper to buy a 1000 rounds of steel cased wolfs. The wolfs cost me 35 cents a round. That to me is nuts.
I was looking for turkey loads as well, nada. I have 2 Longbeard xr 5’s that I love, should be enough, but you never know. So I went to academy to see what they had. Ended up with a box of 3” tss 9’s in 12 ga., $55. Only thing they had. $11 a shot, hope one patterns well, I’ll have 4 more to hunt with. 🤷‍♂️ today’s my birthday, splurged.

Farm and fleet today had more than I've seen in the last 2 years by far. I would say they had 80% of what they had before the shortage.
If you mean fleet farm I was at one here last Monday, their prices for a lot of the same stuff that was at scheels was $10 more per box.

If you own a .308 or a .223 there’s plenty of obscure, never seen before ammo in the Bozeman, MT area…..

Other than that, there’s pretty much zero

Found some odds & ends at the local store that used to carry tons of everything. One isle of ammo. They used to have 3.
I found some Win bluebox 150 -06 and Hornandy Girand -06 match. They had some off brand 9mm too.
Got a box of each for 2 legged practice.
The selection looked like the leftovers on spurtsmens ads. No Nosler or Remington ammo. No Federal!

I'm 150 mi from any outdoorsy bigbox place and I never set foot in those places anymore. Bummed.

I wouldn't get too comfortable with stuff starting to come back. Every 9mm and 5.56 that was available through my distributors vanished over the weekend. Over the last 2 weeks I have gotten 3 cases of 12 gauge target load, 2 cases of 243, 2 cases of 7.62x39, 20 boxes of 12 gauge slugs, and 10 boxes of 9mm defense. That was a normal day 3 weeks ago. If you need 40 s&w there's plenty of that available. 00 buck shot and $25+ 223 are also available.

Back