PEAX Equipment

iPhone 6 digiscoping options

406hunter

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the iPhone 6 digiscoping adapters? I'm wanting to use one for getting some scouting pictures and possibly videos. I have a lifeproof case on my phone now and was hoping to use an adapter over my case but the universal adapters I've found have poor reviews. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions or pics you've taken with one. Thanks!

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the iPhone 6 digiscoping adapters? I'm wanting to use one for getting some scouting pictures and possibly videos. I have a lifeproof case on my phone now and was hoping to use an adapter over my case but the universal adapters I've found have poor reviews. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions or pics you've taken with one. Thanks!

I just bought the phoneskope adapter specifically designed for my iphone6 and my Theron Saker spotter. Should be arriving in the mail tomorrow and I head out to Idaho for a scouting hiking trip on Friday morning. I'll have a pretty good critique of this adapter by next Wednesday. With this said, the adapter is 2 parts. The first is a case, with a mounting location for the adapter that connects to the spotter. You'd have to take off your case to be able to use it, but at least its still relatively protected with the Digiskope case.

I spent quite a bit of time working on a digiscoping set up this winter. The best option I developed was a cheap plastic case and a pvc end cap that fit my spotter perfectly. I warmed and flattened the end cap, drilled a 3/8 in hole dead center of it, and matched it up to the case so it aligned perfectly over the camera lens of the phone. Super glued it in place. It is a friction fit on the spotter. Works as good as my buddy's Phone Scope and cost me about $10 max. Just changed my phone so I guess I'll have to order another cheap case and do it again.

Just a general observation with the lifeproof cases is that they tend to greatly affect camera visibility on iPhones. I'd bring a slimmer bumper case that you can put it in while using adaptors and get a glass cover over your screen if you haven't already. $25 at Verizon, they'll install it, and it's totally worth it.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll try and make one first and see how it goes. If that doesn't work I'll buy a phoneskope. Good luck to all and hopefully I can post some scouting pictures soon.

I tried the home made route. I'm glad I finally spent the money and got the PhoneSkope. This was one of my first attempts and about 800 yards:

Well I went with the diy option and bought a $7 dollar case and a pvc end cap. It is functional but seems kind of fragile. I've been using it quite a bit. If it holds up through hunting season I'll be very pleased, but if it breaks I'll save up and buy a phoneskope. Here is an antelope at about 500yds. And an elk at over a mile that I ended up stalking in to 80yds and wasn't patient enough and blew him out never to be seen again.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back