Iowa state site?

I live in 9. Public gets hit hard in 7. I may know a few spots though as I used to work in that unit.
I will definitely keep that in mind. A man I know here in Oklahoma told me that if I drew the tag I could hunt his farm. So I started buying points and he sold the farm after that fact. That is why I have 5 points because I haven't been able to decide what I was going to do. During the end of last deer season I decided I was going to burn my points and try to find a place to hunt one way or another.
I made a trip up there in May for turkey season to check out the area. Got skunked by a smart public land Tom but found some decent looking deer sign.
Just not sure about the hunting pressure come November.

I will definitely keep that in mind. A man I know here in Oklahoma told me that if I drew the tag I could hunt his farm. So I started buying points and he sold the farm after that fact. That is why I have 5 points because I haven't been able to decide what I was going to do. During the end of last deer season I decided I was going to burn my points and try to find a place to hunt one way or another.
I made a trip up there in May for turkey season to check out the area. Got skunked by a smart public land Tom but found some decent looking deer sign.
Just not sure about the hunting pressure come November.
I live in the northern part of that unit. What public land are you looking to hunt?

I live in 9

I've hunted the NE corner of 9 a couple of times with a buddy - really enjoyed it and saw some nice deer - and actually got one the first trip - second was cut short due to retina issues (that left me blind in that eye - such is life)

hunted Zone 5 this past fall - passed up some nice deer and the only one that was what I was looking for just wouldn't come those last 10 yards closer,,,

I've hunted the NE corner of 9 a couple of times with a buddy - really enjoyed it and saw some nice deer - and actually got one the first trip - second was cut short due to retina issues (that left me blind in that eye - such is life)

hunted Zone 5 this past fall - passed up some nice deer and the only one that was what I was looking for just wouldn't come those last 10 yards closer,,,
Good public ground in 9. Over 20,000 acres in our county.

I scouted 9 a couple years ago after tagging out early elsewhere. Plan to do the same with 5 and 6 this year and try to decide. I have 6 points so I can draw any unit just have to find the right year.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back