Interstate sales

Redmt

I have a NRA limited production Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor I'm thinking about selling. I'm in the people's republic of CA. What is involved if I sell it out of state?

In general, out-of-state sales are easy - you ship to the buyer's local in-state FFL and they do the background check and paperwork at the buyer's expense. As I am not a CA resident I do not know if CA somehow layers rules on top of this, but seems unlikely as you would think they are happy to see evil guns leave the state.

Here's the answer from my FFL dude. I'm not sure why I didn't think of asking him first.... Senior moments are getting longer.
"Collect money ship to his ffl. You can do a ffl lookup on fun broker to make sure it's a real address/license. "

Here's the answer from my FFL dude. I'm not sure why I didn't think of asking him first.... Senior moments are getting longer.
"Collect money ship to his ffl. You can do a ffl lookup on fun broker to make sure it's a real address/license. "
That's the winner right there. Always have to be cautious selling across state lines

We have thought about it,,, we have 50 acres with a custom log home we built ourselves. My nearest neighbors are 15 minutes drive away. I have deer, pigs, elk(can't shoot the elk) on our property. I have a 5000sq. ft shop and nobody messes with me. Where the hell would I go?
Sounds like it’s as close to heaven as imaginable.

Don’t. Change. A. GD. Thing.

Get a postal or other money order up front and deposit the funds or make sure you really really trust the buyer. Don’t use paypal “goods and services”.

It’s easy to ship to an out of state FFL using UPS. Pack it well and padded in a cardboard box, best if you can use a sleeve over the original box or a cheap case, but if no original box or case, then really protect the muzzle and use a lot of bubble wrap and strategically placed cardboard! include an envelope inside with copy of the FFL licence you are shipping to (ask and they will email you a PDF of their licence), include contact information for you AND the buyer. You can verify their FFL licence online with the ATF to double check the validity and the address. That’s typically it! Good luck with your sale.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back