Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Interior Caribou

Alaska allowed 2 Caribou for most of the winter but earlier this year they upped it to 3 Caribou per hunter. The Registration hunt closes March 31st and I will be gone the last weekend to visit a buddy in Washington who is going to run me through a crash course with my new Kimber Montana 280Ackley.
So I finally purchased a small one place trailer and got a buddy to go with me. Sunday we got out to the area close to where we started our adventure back in October - and saw 3 groups of 80 to 100 caribou each. We off loaded and came to their general area 2 miles later. After a couple of failed attempts we both punched our limit - he had one tag left and I had my 2. So we concluded our 2020/2021 hunt season with a final successful harvest. Caribou are hanging in my garage with the thermostat all the way down and we have them 2/3s-3/4s done and will finish processing tonight!!! Get dialed in and then ready for the fall!!!

Congrats on the winter hunt ! I have hunted caribou a couple times in the James Bay region of Quebec (season now closed) in January. Challenging hunting at -20 F !!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back