In three days at work

np307

We went from this:20220720_145110.jpg

To this:
20220728_154843.jpg

Tuesday, jacked up the floor and replaced joists and subfloor. Wednesday, jacked up the roof, tore out the rotten logs, framed and sheeted the new wall. Today, floor and wall were done. Little bit of trim as well as sanding and finish but not too shabby in my mind.

Mandatory pictures of the wall coming down:20220727_120901.jpg20220727_123710.jpg

Best part is that now the house is sealed up again and we can run the ac while we do the rest of it.

This is badass! Would love to see pics of the whole project.
Unfortunately I didn't start taking pictures until this part of the project. So far we have:

Cleaned out the basement which was covered in dirt and rotted firewood to get it prepped to be finished.

Torn out a bathroom including joists and subfloor, then went back with tile floor and tongue and groove walls.

Torn out all the ductwork and the old central air unit and replaced with mini splits.

Relocated the well pump and water heater and replumbed.

Flashed the roof and chimney. There was no flashing when the addition was built in 1980, thus the water and eventual termite damage.

The only big project left is finishing the basement, all the wood for framing is sitting down there so I think that starts tomorrow.

Back