I'm 'new' to rifle reloading...need some ideas

duckhead59

I just purchased a new high power...and knew it would require reloading. But I thought that would be a great pursuit for the new caliber...as well as several others I use.
I'm 'new' to this...haven't reloaded in 20 years. I have 2 single stage presses, some of the dies I need, a scale, powder trickler/funnel, case trimmer, mica neck brush kit and some other misc stuff. Finally found and bought a brick of CCI LR primers (but they cost me $40!)...oh well without them I was all dressed up w/no place to go...lol.
My questions lean more towards the operations...set-up of dies/resizers, neck verses full length resizing (I'm using new Win brass for the new caliber), value of in/outside neck turning/trueing, OCL and determining for my gun...and other fine points of reloading.
And would just like some contacts/oversight for my 'new' pursuits to exchange ideas/questions etc.
Thanks ahead for your replies.

What did you get?

I don't bother with tinkering with all the variables to get a load to shoot the same hole. It takes too much time, and to be honest, it seems like I usually discover that I need to reload bullets about 2 days before I need to go hunting. :) I keep it simple and don't worry about it, so I won't be much help.

Just keep to the very basic principles. Don't overthink the process. LUBE ! Set the necking die & decapper pin just enough to accomplish both. Prime gently and smootly, with even pressure. Measure your powder accurately. Seat the bullet slightly short of the lands & grroves.

The 1st run may take some time, but after that you can knock out a years worth in no time.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back